Type of entity
Authorized form of name
South Wagga Bowling Club
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
- Bolton Park Bowling Club
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
First meeting of the Bolton Park Bowling Club was held on 27 August 1928 at the Wagga Hotel. The name of the club was changed to the South Wagga Bowling Club at a special general meeting on 10 October 1940. The clubhouse was located at 11 Fitzhardinge Street. It was built in May 1957, with a second section opened in March 1965 and a third stage completed in June 1976. Aub Loch had one of the two bowling greens named after him in 1996. The other green was named after Dr Benjamin. The club enterted into voluntary administration in 2008 and closed in about 2012.
Wagga Wagga, NSW
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Authority record created 3 March 2023. J Salzke.
The Daily Advertiser, 29 August 1928, pg 2
The Daily Advertiser, 12 October 1940, pg 10
Wagga Wagga and District Historical Society, 3 December 2021: https://www.wwdhs.org.au/4th-december-2021-in-waggas-past-25-and-50-years-ago/ [retrieved 3 March 2023].
NSW Liquor and Gaming Local Impact Assessment: https://www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au/operating-a-business/community-involvement/lia-public-register [retrieved 3 March 2023].