Collection 3514 - Wagga Commercial Women's Bowling Club and South Wagga Bowling Club

Identity area

Reference code

RW 3514


Wagga Commercial Women's Bowling Club and South Wagga Bowling Club


  • 1931-2000 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

0.45m; 1 A2 box

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator


Biographical history

First meeting of the Bolton Park Bowling Club was held on 27 August 1928 at the Wagga Hotel. The name of the club was changed to the South Wagga Bowling Club at a special general meeting on 10 October 1940. The clubhouse was located at 11 Fitzhardinge Street. It was built in May 1957, with a second section opened in March 1965 and a third stage completed in June 1976. Aub Loch had one of the two bowling greens named after him in 1996. The other green was named after Dr Benjamin. The club enterted into voluntary administration in 2008 and closed in about 2012.

Name of creator

Archival history

The items in the collection are the historical material that remained following the PCYC move to Fitzhardinge Street (the former home of the South Wagga Bowling Club). The public were first invited to take away any items that interested them.

Content and structure area

Scope and content

Framed photographs, trophies, photographs and badges.


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

OPEN to public access.

Conditions governing reproduction

Items in this collection may be protected by copyright. Contact the Reference Archivist for more information.

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Notes area

Alternative identifier(s)

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points


Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places