- 1932-1980 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
21 maps and plans.
Name of creator
The Water Conservation and Irrigation Commission was reconstituted as the Water Resources Commission in April 1976, under the Water Resources Commission Act, 1976 (Act No.34, 1976). There were five Divisions within the new Water Resources Commission, one of which was the Murray Division. This Division oversaw the Tullakoo Irrigation Area and the Berriquin, Deniboota, Denimein and Wakool Irrigation Districts. The Water Resources Commission was abolished by the Water Administration Act, 1986 (Act No.195, 1986) and its functions taken over by the NSW Department of Water Resources on 1 January 1987.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
DP maps of Griffith and Tharbogang areas, maps of Coleambally Irrigation Area, maps of Leeton, subdivision maps of Griffith, town maps of Griffith, village maps of Hanwood and Tharbogang.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
OPEN to public access.
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.