- c.1915 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Wagga Wagga District Hospital opened on 1 July 1856 and was situated in a slab cottage on the sandhill in Kincaid Street. In 1859, land was granted to the Hospital Committee to erect a new building on the corner of Tarcutta and Johnston Streets. By 1900, the hospital had outgrown this land and looked to rebuild on the edge of the township. In 1910 the hospital opened on its new site at the corner of Edward Street and Albury Road (later, Docker Street). In 1938 the name of the hospital changed to the Wagga Wagga Base Hospital.
In 2016 it was briefly named the Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital before once again becoming the Wagga Wagga Base Hospital in February 2018.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Two photographs of the children's ward and the doctors and nursing staff at the Wagga Wagga District Hospital.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
OPEN to public access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Items in this collection may be protected by copyright. Contact the Reference Archivist for more information.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.