- 1905-1971 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Wantabadgery School began as a Half-time School with Clarendon in January 1879 and operated as such until September 1880. It then became a Provisional School in November 1881 before closing in May 1884. It re-opened as a Provisional School in January 1895 and continued until February 1904. It then became a Half-time School with Clarendon from March 1904 until September 1904 when it once again became a Provisional School from October 1904 until December 1914. It finally became a Public School January 1915 and remained so until its closure in December 1971.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Class rolls, half-yearly examination books, observation books, punishment register, quarterly examination book, register of admission (including applications for enrolment), register of admission, progress and withdrawal and visitors' book.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
OPEN to public access (Access Direction No. 275 and 276).
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.