- 1954-1969 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Ournie Provisional School operated from May 1879 until August 1880 before it became a Public School in September 1880 until April 1891. It then became a Half-time School with Jingellic in May 1891 and operated as such until May 1893.
It once again became a Provisional School in June 1893 until December 1896, a Public School from January 1897 until December 1927, and a Provisional School from February 1939 until September 1948 when it closed.
It re-opened as a Public School in January 1958 and operated as a Public School until December 1969 when it closed permanently.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Class rolls, observation books (including list of visitors), punishment register and register of admission.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
OPEN to public access (Access Direction No. 275 and 276).
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.