- 1911-1967 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Combaning Siding Provisional School in the County of Bland opened in October 1911 and continued as a provisional school until December of that year. It was converted to Combaning Siding Public School in January 1912. The School closed in December 1967. (1)
The basic elementary schools in the New South Wales education system were known as public schools from 1867. By 1911 the attendance of twenty children was required for the establishment of a public school. (2)
At the time of the school's creation ten pupils were required for the establishment of a provisional school. (3)
- Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.49.
- Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.18.
- Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.17.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Class roll, half-yearly examination book, observation book, punishment register, register of admission and visitors' books.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
OPEN to public access (Access Direction No. 275 and 276).
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.