- 1974-1976 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
7.74m; 43 type one boxes
Name of creator
The Albury Court of Petty Sessions was created on 21 December 1846 under the provisions of s.17 of the Offenders Punishment and Justices Summary Jurisdiction Act of 1832 (3 Wil.IV No.3). (1)
Matters relating to the licensing of premises for the sale of liquor were dealt with by the court until 1 March 1883 when a separate system of licensing courts was established. After 1924 the Court resumed responsibility for routine matters in relation to liquor licensing while Albury Licensing Court (1924 - 1983) and the Licensing Court of New South Wales after 1983 dealt with the more complex licensing issues. (2)
The Albury Court of Petty Sessions was abolished on 31 December 1984 when the Local Courts Act 1982 (Act No.164, 1982) abolished all Courts of Petty Sessions and replaced these with Local Courts. (3)
- NSW Government Gazette No.106, 22 December 1846, p.1603.
- Agencies 4001, 4002 and 3835.
- Local Courts Act 1982 (Act No.164, 1982) s.9; NSW Government Gazette No.178, 21 December 1984, p.6296.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Court of Petty Sessions depostions (Jan 1974 - Dec 1976)
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Records relating to children as victims or perpetrators of crime are RESTRICTED for 100 years.
All other records are OPEN to public access.
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.