Henningham's Studio

Identity area

Type of entity

Business

Authorized form of name

Henningham's Studio

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

November 1888 - (1914) 1925?

History

Ernest Henningham moved to Wagga Wagga from Sydney and joined James Fiddes in his photography business for about three years before branching out on his own in 1888. He built his photographic studio on the western side of Fitzmaurice Street, Wagga Wagga, very close to the Wollundry Lagoon Bridge. (1)
Henningham died in 1949, aged 49 years. His son, Geoffrey returned to Wagga in 1924 to take over his father's business. (2)

(1) Wagga Wagga Advertiser, 30 October 1888, https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/101950780.
(2) Daily Advertiser, 18 October 1924, https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/143347703

Places

Wagga Wagga, NSW.

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Agency037

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Authority Record created 2 October 2018.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places