Combaning Siding Public School

Identity area

Type of entity

Government agency

Authorized form of name

Combaning Siding Public School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

October 1911 - December 1967

History

Combaning Siding Provisional School in the County of Bland opened in October 1911 and continued as a provisional school until December of that year. It was converted to Combaning Siding Public School in January 1912. The School closed in December 1967. (1)

The basic elementary schools in the New South Wales education system were known as public schools from 1867. By 1911 the attendance of twenty children was required for the establishment of a public school. (2)

At the time of the school's creation ten pupils were required for the establishment of a provisional school. (3)

Endnotes

  1. Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.49.
  2. Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.18.
  3. Government Schools of New South Wales 1848-2003. NSW Department of Education and Training, 2003, p.17.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Agency208

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Authority Record created 11 June 2019. S Wolfe.

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places