- 1973-2017 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
0.39m; 2 type one boxes and 1 photograph album, 133 digital files.
Name of creator
The Embroiderers’ Guild of NSW Inc. was formed in 1957 as a branch of The Embroiderers’ Guild London. The monthly news and information journal ‘The Record’ commenced publication in 1960. The Guild headquarters was once situated in Elizabeth St, Sydney and is now housed at 76 Queen St, Concord West, Sydney.
The Guild provides a library of materials for use by members across the state and a members-only textiles supply shop, ‘The Threaded Needle’, on their Sydney premises. Members have access to travelling exhibitions and touring tutors who visit different groups to share their knowledge and expertise in embroidery techniques.
The Young Textile and Fibre Group formed in 1995 for children 5-18 years old, focusing on fun and creativity rather than formal learning.
The Wagga Wagga Group of the Guild formed 1973 and has continued for over 50 years, meeting regularly and creating annual exhibitions at the Wagga Wagga Show and elsewhere. They run an affiliated Wagga Wagga Young Textile and Fibre Group.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Minutes and agenda papers, financial papers, correspondence and publicity, exhibition material, membership lists, and photographs.
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Membership records are RESTRICTED for 30 years.
All other records are OPEN to public access.
Conditions governing reproduction
Items in this collection may be protected by copyright. Contact the Reference Archivist for more information.