- 1850-1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1.45m; 1 type one box, 8 albums, 1 oversized box
Name of creator
Wagga Wagga District Hospital opened on 1 July 1856 and was situated in a slab cottage on the sandhill in Kincaid Street. In 1859, land was granted to the Hospital Committee to erect a new building on the corner of Tarcutta and Johnston Streets. By 1900, the hospital had outgrown this land and looked to rebuild on the edge of the township. In 1910 the hospital opened on its new site at the corner of Edward Street and Albury Road (later, Docker Street). In 1938 the name of the hospital changed to the Wagga Wagga Base Hospital.
In 2016 it was briefly named the Wagga Wagga Rural Referral Hospital before once again becoming the Wagga Wagga Base Hospital in February 2018.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Planning and development, plans and statistics, surgical and medical procedures, by-laws and rules, Nurses Education Board of NSW; guides and brochures; histories, press clippings, newsletters, photographs
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Records less than 30 years old are RESTRICTED.
A Reader’s Ticket issued by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW is required to access original state archives and can be issued immediately upon production of identification. More information
Conditions governing reproduction
The reproducing and publishing of state archives is governed by the State Archives and Records Authority of NSW. More information
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
An accession list is available. Click on 'Download Accession List' above to view.